Error handling

Apr 4 at 9:15 PM
Edited Apr 4 at 11:54 PM
Is there capacity within s3.exe to better manage errors encountered in PUT commands? I'm trying to upload a very deep and large directory structure, and some of the path and file names are quite long as a result. More frequently than I'd like, this error occurs from AWS and s3.exe stops dead in its tracks:

The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Is there a command line option that I'm not aware of that would at least instruct s3.exe to log the error condition and the relevant file, and then continue uploading the remainder of the directory structure? For each error, I'm forced to correct the directory name and then restart s3.exe from the beginning.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this will be appreciated, to be sure.

UPDATE: Newbie question on my part - I downloaded the code and had a look for myself. I've implemented the fix I need in my local code base for my current use of s3 to my satisfaction. Curious now how best I can contribute that back into the s3 code base?