Removing/Deleting files from S3?

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Thanks for this great tool, it's very useful.

I just started using it and I noticed that there isn't a command for deleting a file from S3. Is there any reason for this? Or is there plans to implement this in later releases?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM
Hi there, I'm glad to hear it is proving useful. 

There's no reason other than I've not needed to delete stuff yet. If you'd like to add it that's fine. 

Cheers,

Max

2010. 7. 22. 23:54 chauzer <notifications@codeplex.com> 작성:

Thanks for this great tool, it's very useful.

I just started using it and I noticed that there isn't a command for deleting a file from S3. Is there any reason for this? Or is there plans to implement this in later releases?

Thanks

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I've created an initial version of a delete command and offered it as a patch in the following workitem I created:

http://s3.codeplex.com/workitem/5369

It works but it does not support subdirectories.  It does support the limited wildcard format offered by the get command.  The command-specific help also is not working yet, but the general help has been updated.

Ted

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM

I also use the tool regularly for uploading files to S3 and find it very helpful.

And I would also like to have a delete command. I saw that Ted created a patch, but I do not know how I could make use of it.
Simple delete functionality would be sufficient for me, just being able to specify the bucket and file to delete and get feedback whether the delete was successful.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Sorry I've not been able to get this done yet.  I think there are actually two different delete patches that have been submitted, and I've not looked at either.  If you're desperate, any C# programmer can apply the patch and create your own personal release of s3.exe with delete capability.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not really desperate - I can still use S3 Organizer, it just isn't as efficient and elegant - and it just would be very nice to have.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Ted and Zappatta,

Big thanks!  When I dove into the patches and found the delete command, it made my day.  Zappatta I appreciate you adding the executable, too.

One vote here for applying #5369 to the main distribution.

- Larry McP.